Jason Scott Jones provides a prescription to revive American leadership in the world. To that end, Jones offers six core principles our national leaders should adopt.
- We are friends of freedom.
- We pursue and protect our legitimate national interests.
- We also will use force to defend our allies from harm.
- We believe in free trade, free markets, the protection of private property.
- We will work with and through international institutions, when doing so accords with each of the aforementioned principles.
- America will be true to its word.
“These are the maxims that made America great, that allowed her to grow from a marginal string of settlements on the edge of a howling wilderness, to the champion of freedom against totalitarian empires. If we return to this creed with fortitude and humility, we can again serve the world as a solid bulwark of justice in increasingly desperate times.”